[vtkusers] How to generate a surface from u-shape points?

pnt1614 minpu.code at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:34:09 EDT 2018

I have a set of co-planar points which forms u-shape surface, so I want to
generate a surface using these points but I have no idea how to do it. I
have tried to create triangles as follows but it does not work.

start = 0;
back = #points - 1;
num_triangles = #points - 2;

for (int i=0; i < num_tirangles; i++)
{
    Make 2 triangles using 4 points: points[start], points[start+1],
points[back], points[back-1]
    start++;
    back--;
}

Since I have said that these points form a u-shape surface, generated
triangles go out the u-shape. Similarly, using vtkUnstructuredGrid and
vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter makes the same problem.

Is there anyone experienced about this problem? Please, help me.