[vtkusers] Updating color of actor without call renderWindow->Render()

Voigteri eric.voigt at outlook.de
Thu May 3 03:53:40 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I have a long list of actors and I periodically (very short time intervals)
update the color of these actors with

actors[i]->GetProperty()->SetColor(r,g,b);
renderWindow->Render()

after each color change. However, this redraws the entire scene, not just
the actor I am updating and causes my application to become quite sluggish
since the colors can be changed interactively by the user at a fast pace.

Is there a better/more efficient way to do this?

Kind regards,

Eric