[vtkusers] ​What is the best editor for vtk under Ubuntu ?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Mar 28 08:46:30 EDT 2018

I have used VS Code and QtCreator.

Mike Jackson

From: vtkusers <vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org> on behalf of Andrew Maclean <andrew.amaclean at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 6:44 PM
To: vtk <vtkusers at vtk.org>
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] ​What is the best editor for vtk under Ubuntu ?

I tend to use the latest and greatest version of kdevelop, namely the  KDevelop.AppImage at https://www.kdevelop.org/download.

It has a very good parser, even suggesting what includes to add. It also has ClangCheck built in and you can easily add clang-format. The text colouring is the best!

The recent versions are stable and the appimage is quite a good way of using it as the Linux distributions often lag behind.

It can be used in Windows also (I haven't tried it), however the latest Visual Studio IDE is probably better there.

Andrew