[vtkusers] Volume Rendering Performance With Two Volumes

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Mar 21 12:37:28 EDT 2018

Ianl,

It looks like there is something going on with GPU determining how to
handle the data well so it seems to be swapping data in-out from
main-memory. You probably want to play some more with ImageSampleDistance
(set it to 2.0). Also SmartVolumeMapper may help as well.

- aashish

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:53 AM, ianl <ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk>
wrote:

> Two volumes in different VTK windows
>
> I see the same issue with the AMD FirePro V5900 card (also 2GB) we have
> here, but much less pronounced. Volumes of a smaller size seem to trigger
> the problem more easily, so it seems as though the 900 slice sets are over
> some threshold for that card and are generally slower so it is difficult to
> tell. We don't have any NVidia cards unfortunately at the moment to test
> with.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Users-f1224199.html

> opensource/opensource.html

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*