[vtkusers] Implicit boolean and dimensions of vtk

pauldoesntlikesurfaceextractio paul_geus at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:51:11 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a Visualization for my smoothed particle hydrodynamics
simulation. This means, that I have a set of unorganized points and using
VTK I want to construct a surface body.
My current approach is as follows:

- Get Surface Particles from all unorganized points
- Triangulate the points which have further points nearby as a Delaunay3D
- The points which have 5 or less points nearby I want to visualize as
Boolean implicit functions, very similar to this tutorial
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Filtering/ImplicitBoolean/

My problem: I can’t get the spheres to be smaller. Even when setting the
radius of the spheres I still get big spheres. *Can someone please tell me,
what I am missing? *

*A further question:* What dimension does VTK use? As in, when I set the
radius of a sphere to 1. Does that mean 1 meter, 1mm, 1 ft?
Thank you very much