[vtkusers] Idea: move from mailing lists to Discourse

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Thu Mar 15 15:27:30 EDT 2018

Majid,
with discourse users can still receive mails for each post as in a mailing list.

As for what Matthew and Elvis, and others in other discourse lists
have stated about plain-text messages, I cannot counter-argument: the
(only) hope is that discourse will add better features and fix these
issues in coming releases (?).

Yet I admit that discourse has some other good advantages: e.g. more
topics that clearly divert from the message subject can be split
(although this requires work from the admins), and hence the topics
can be better targeted, etc.

JON HAITZ