[vtkusers] ITK-VTK Dicom series display

jmal joe.maliszewski at zethon.com
Thu Mar 15 07:11:18 EDT 2018

Hi kidane,

I hope all is well.

I'm stuck at the point you were in 2014 with trying to display DICOM images.

I was hoping you might be able to help me with your expertise.

this was my question on stackoverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49295483/how-to-step-by-step-view-a-dicom-series-using-itk-and-vtk-as-both-a-scroll-throu

"

0
down vote
favorite
I am very new to ITK and VTK, and from what I can see, ITK is used to
process the DICOM images, and VTK is used to visualize them.

One of the biggest issues i'm having is trying to successfully execute the
functions with my DICOM images, as they are not clear how to operate, or
what combinations of functions to use.

My aim is to display as series I can scroll through, and secondly visualize
my series as a volume.

Has anyone gone through the process of taking a series of DICOM images, and
gone through the process of processing with ITK, and visualizing with VTK?

If so how did you do it? what combination of functions did you use? And with
these functions did you come across any errors, or find and issues with that
you had to solve along the way?

common issues I am finding.

-Lack of instruction/documentation on how to implement functions.

-How to figure out if my DIOCOM images are in the right format for use in
ITK and VTK

-unknown combination of functions to use to get from my DICOM series to
visualize as a scroll through display, and as a volume.

(I have tried the testDICOMdisplay.cxx and few other in the examples, which
only seems to load 3 images, before crashing.)

-can you suggest any good resources you have come across that may help me?

any help, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance"

Kind regards,

Joe