[vtkusers] Differences Result between CPU rendering and GPU rendering with VTK

Stephen Zucker zoequella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 03:00:43 EDT 2018

Dear All,

When i use same colorFunction、scalarOpacity, gradientOpacity to render the
same Medical Image data, I found the rendered result of
CPU(vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper) and GPU(vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper) are
different.
I think the CPU rendered result is better then GPU,the GPU rendered result
has too many colourful spots and ribbon. But with GPU rendering, the
operation is smoother.
The rendered result is as follows:
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342362/CPU.png>
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342362/GPU.png>

So can you help me to improve the rendering effect of the GPU?

Thanks in advance,

Zucker.