[vtkusers] Fullscreen with Qt

Ignacio Fernández Galván jellby at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 06:08:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

Is it possible to toggle some kind of fullscreen mode on and off in a
QVTKRenderWindowInteractor?  When I call FullScreenOn() on the render
window I get two problems:

1. There's no mouse interaction at all.

2. With two monitors the fullscreen mode spans both monitors, I'd prefer
it to be limited to one, like the maximize button of normal windows.

Of course, it's #1 which is critical.

It seems ParaView uses some trick creating a second window that goes
fullscreen... I've been more successful trying this: I created a QDialog
with another VTK widget, used its showFullScreen() method, hid the
previous widget, transferred the renderer to the new window... This more
or less works, and I get mouse interaction, but when I close this second
dialog and show again the old widget, it's dead, with no interaction.

Has anyone managed to do this? Can you show me an example, preferably in
python? Any important step I'm missing?

Thanks,
Ignacio