[vtkusers] vtkChartXY live update

Seun Odutola seun at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 9 15:36:53 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

    I’m currently looking at how to create a chart (line plots), I looked at the sample Line Plot in vtk and tried replicating this in my app. What I need is a way to have the chart continuously update rendering based on incoming data. What I’ve gathered so far is that I need a vtkTable along with the vtkChartXY, I have gotten this to work so far so good. However, if I need to add more values to my table as time goes by and was wondering what the best way is in doing so.

note: I have my application setup to use a timer with an observer in order to trigger a function I want to use for update purposes.