[vtkusers] vtkCurvatures SetCurvatureTypeToGaussian

Polly Pui polly_sukting at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:28:51 EST 2018

Hi,

I would like to calculate curvature on my 3D vtk data using vtkCurvatures, SetCurvatureTypeToGaussian.

When I applied fran_cut.vtk, the result showed the face completely.

But, when I applied my 3D vtk data (ASCII, polydata, 5090 points), I got a line in the middle of the face.

[cid:a2df0569-c266-444b-8b5e-2032ddd0a947]

And also, I couldn't execute both mean and gaussian function at the same time by using vtkCurvatures. It can only detect on one of the filter (which comes in the later line)

For example,

vtkCurvatures *HKCurve = vtkCurvatures::New();
HKCurve->SetInputConnection(reader->GetOutputPort());
HKCurve->SetCurvatureTypeToGaussian();
        HKCurve->SetCurvatureTypeToMean();
HKCurve->Update();

Only Mean curvature will be calculated.