[vtkusers] VTK_WRAP_TCL

Paul Douglas Hahn pdhahn at compintensehpc.com
Sat Mar 3 08:50:02 EST 2018

Well, I actually got KWWidgets working with VTK 8.1.0!  :-)

It was a bit of a struggle, though. Attached is a screen shot of
/KWWidgetsTourExample/ as proof. :-)

FYI, one of the keys for success is to do the following in your build
directory after a fresh generation of the Makefile via cmake, before
actually doing the make:

     > find . -name '*.cxx' | xargs -n 1 egrep -nHl vtksys/ios | xargs
sed -i 's|vtksys/ios/||'
     > find . -name '*.cxx' | xargs -n 1 egrep -nHl vtksys/stl | xargs
sed -i 's|vtksys/stl/||'

I just wish there were a viable + freeware alternative to Qt5 out there
with a business-friendly license like MIT or BSD (etc.) [i.e., no, NOT
LGPL, thank you!] that could also easily integrate with VTK!  [  BTW, I
love Qt and have used it since 2003 (15 years).  ]

- Paul