[vtkusers] [PCL-users] Ubunu 17.10

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Jun 25 08:44:47 EDT 2018

If it helps,  in newer versions of VTK 'ImmediateModeRenderingOn' calls can
be removed from your code with no impact. Even in older versions of VTK the
call is an optimization and the code should work fine without it.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 11:11 AM Sam Raby <rabysam28 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.
> I got reply from vtk email list that this method
> 'ImmediateModeRenderingOn' is removed in vtk8.1. Is there a pre-compiled
> version of PCL that works with vtk8.1? If I want to use vtk8.1, how shall I
> proceed to be able to use PCL?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Fabien Rozar <fabien.rozar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering if your error message can easily be check with
>> the online VTK documentation.
>>
>> After checking the 6.3 documentation, I found this:
>>
>> https://www.vtk.org/doc/release/6.3/html/classvtkMapper.html#ab9db044b3f5113808d2de42f13bb4fe8
>>
>> In the class vtkMapper, you can see that the method
>> 'ImmediateModeRenderingOn ()'
>> exists so it's not obvious why you have this error message.
>>
>> You should check which VTK header is actually use (maybe in cmake log
>> file).
>> You can also delete your build directory to launch a new clean cmake
>> generation.
>>
>> I cannot say more with so few information. Good luck,
>> frozar
>>
>> Le mar. 19 juin 2018 à 04:12, Sam Raby <rabysam28 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Fabien, when I run the command line, I get the following response:
>>>
>>> ii  libvtk6-dev    6.3.0+dfsg1-10build1 amd64        VTK header files
>>> ii  libvtk6-qt-dev 6.3.0+dfsg1-10build1 amd64        VTK header files,
>>> containing Qt files

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
101 East Weaver Street
Carrboro, North Carolina
27510 USA

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.