[vtkusers] Find point in vtkappendpolydata

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Jun 22 10:43:47 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:32 AM Doug Hoppes <dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>                 Quick question that I can’t seem to find the answer for.
> I have a vtkappendpolydata that contains 200 input connections  and 1000
> points per connection.  I was able to use the vtkpointlocator to locate my
> point quickly but I need the input connection and the point index within
> that connection.
>

>                 Is there a fast search of a vtkappendpolydata to get me
> this information?

Nothing in VTK will give you that, I'm afraid, but with some bookkeeping it
shouldn't be too hard. The output of vtkAppendPolyData should have the
points appended in the order the inputs are added to it. With that in mind,
you could make a map say, the from upper index of that input's points in
the append filter's output to the input itself. Then, given the id of the
point in the output, you can get use the map to get the input, and do some
subtraction to get the id in the input. I've likely missed some details,
but that should get you going in the right direction.

HTH,
Cory

> Dougie

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ