[vtkusers] vtkGPUInfoList does not work with OpenGL2

ianl ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 06:33:08 EDT 2018

We have had reasonable success with including the vtkDirectXGPUInfoList.cxx
and .h files from the OpenGL directory in our project, then instantiating
the class directly. You will need the DirectX SDK installed (as you would
have needed to with the original implementation).

Note that this also affects the resampling code that deals with textures
larger than the GPU can handle in
vtkSmartVolumeMapper/vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper::GetReductionRatio which we
have had to do our own implementation of as the OpenGL2 implementation is
currently a stub that returns a ratio of 1. Hopefully it will get
re-instated properly at some stage if enough people ask for it. Our current
solution is a bit too hacky to submit as a proper change.