[vtkusers] reasons of limitations on opacity per component and up to 4 components in label-map volume rendering?

terminator vjblog_info at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 04:39:29 EDT 2018

Hi,

In the image, component 1 is red, component 2 is blue and the rest of that
is component 0. As you can see the left image shows partially all of the
component while (scalar) opacity transfer function of component 2 is always
zero. But we see partially all of components with the transfer function of
component zero. Which I expected is component 2 must be invisible.
In the right image, (scalar) opacity of component 0 is zero for all input
values (intensity of ct image), but two other components (red and blue) must
be opaque and visible, but what we see is entirely invisible volume, which
means just opacity transfer function of component 0 is applied to the
volume. (each tf[i] under the images shows scalar opacity transfer function
for component i)

> Do you see the issue without the gradient opacity function and masking?

I forgot to remove gradient opacity, but it doesn't help. The problem still
exists.
Without masking I don't have any problem, but the point is I need masking
for visualizing and controlling several components in a volume.