[vtkusers] Questions about vtkPolyData

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:05:15 EDT 2018

First, please do not use the examples at https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples
These are no longer updated and will eventually go away. Instead use
the site, https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/ which contains
updated and expanded examples as well as copies of the textbook:
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/VTKBook/

There are a few shader examples here
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/#shaders

You can also follow progress of the VTK Examples Project at :
https://www.researchgate.net/project/VTK-Examples
Here is as vertex shader:
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Shaders/BozoShader/

Bill

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Patrick Bergeron <pbergeron at spiria.com> wrote:
> Yep, I got that.
>

> My question “Do these values make it into vertex shaders?“ was meant so that
> I’d like to know that, if they DO get into shaders, how would they be names,
> and what would the shader script look like, because I need to do custom GLSL
> shading stuff with scalar/vector attributes that are sent on a per-vertex
> basis.
>

> (in fact, I want data to be sent on a per-vertex basis to the VTK vertex
> shader, so that I can make them a varying variable in the fragment shader).
>

> Thanks!
>
> Patrick
>

> From: Jonathan Borduas <jonathan.borduas at caboma.com>
> Date: Friday, June 8, 2018 at 2:03 PM
> To: Patrick Bergeron <pbergeron at spiria.com>, "vtkusers at vtk.org"
> <vtkusers at vtk.org>
> Subject: RE: [vtkusers] Questions about vtkPolyData
>

> Hi Patrick,
>
> You can do per-vertex and per-cell coloring.
>
> https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/TriangleColoredPoints
> https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/ColorCellsWithRGB
>

> For UV texture shading:
>
> https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Texture/TexturedSphere
>
> http://scylardor.fr/2013/05/06/making-multi-texturing-work-with-vtk/
>

> To try some of the possibilities of VTK, you want to use ParaView. This
> application is heavily based on VTK and can give you a good sense of what is
> feasible with VTK.
>
> https://www.paraview.org/download/
>

> Best
>

> Jonathan

Unpaid intern in BillsParadise at noware dot com