[vtkusers] vtkGPUInfoList does not work with OpenGL2

Csaba Pinter csaba.pinter at queensu.ca
Thu Jun 7 15:56:32 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the vtkGPUInfoList in VTK 9 built using OpenGL backend 2 to get the GPU memory. On both Windows 10 (with GeForce 1060) and MacOSX (10.13 Mid-2014), GetNumberOfGPUs returns 0 after Probe. Which is not surprising, because the instantiated info list object is of type vtkDummyGPUInfoList, which, according to the documentation, is "Useful when an OS specific implementation is not available".

Is vtkGPUInfoList supposed to work with OpenGL2? Should I use another class?

Thanks,
csaba