[vtkusers] Solid Voxelization with VTK

Berti Krüger berti_krueger at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 03:26:27 EDT 2018

Hi David,

thank you very much for your help.

I tried the example from your link. Unfortunately the result is same as using the vtkVoxelModeller:

[Screenshot result voxelization]
I get only a voxelization of the surface. The interior of the voxelized cone is still hollow and not filled with voxels (at least this is implied by the visualization).

For the visualization i use Bill Lorensen's example code from here:

https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Medical/GenerateCubesFromLabels/

I have attached this small example which compiles with VTK 8.1 to show the issue. It basicly only consist of the example code from your link (https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/PolyData/PolyDataToImageData/) and the visualization code from the  Bill Lorensen's example from the link above. I have not changed much.

Any idea what is going wrong or what can i do get also voxelization of the interior (solid voxelization)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

Berti

PolyDataToImageData - lorensen.github.io<https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/PolyData/PolyDataToImageData/>
lorensen.github.io
If VTK is not installed but compiled on your system, you will need to specify the path to your VTK build:

GenerateCubesFromLabels - GitHub Pages<https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Medical/GenerateCubesFromLabels/>
lorensen.github.io
Usage: GenerateCubesFromLabels FullHead.mhd StartLabel EndLabel where InputVolume is a meta file containing a 3 volume of discrete labels.