[vtkusers] General question to usage of VTK

StevenNew stefan.neumann at tuhh.de
Sun Jul 22 12:57:39 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm also really new to the VTK and generally to the software development
with libraries.
I have a question, that I already researched on, but I couldn't find
pleasing answers and therefore I wanted to ask here:

I want to make an application that can read STL files and point clouds.
Importing the STL files is no problem, but for the point clouds it would be
nice if I could import .pcd files, which is a file format from the
PointCloudLibrary, if I'm right.
Is there a way to convert .pcd files to .ply or .stl ?

An answer on this topic by real vtk-users would be so helpful.

Thank you.