[vtkusers] offscreen rendering from gui application in vtk8/opengl2

Patrick Bergeron pbergeron at spiria.com
Mon Jul 9 07:38:53 EDT 2018

The new OpenGL backend simply works differently than before.

The other thing you can try is to debug vtk to try to detect a context change and to re-initialize the graphics resources.

So when you switch Graphics contexts, they get destroyed and re created.

You may try this with shaders first since it is your immediate problem. But I might expect you’d have to do it with textures too at least.

Another way to get around it is to render into a different render target and read the contents of the image (if you can do with the same rendered size) by using a frame buffer object.

Sent from my iPhone