[vtkusers] Trouble using VTK Widget with QVTK

andyjk andrewkeeling at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 05:06:42 EDT 2018

Thanks

I am on VTK 8-1

I did try the qvtkOpenGLWidget but I have several problems, and I think I
read it was still unstable.

Problem 1: No QVTKOpenGLWidget in the QT designer - so I insert a
qvtkwidget, then in the .ui file I manually change it to qvtkOpenGLWidget
(this compiles fine).

Problem 2: If I try to drag a generic OpenGL widget into a window in QT
designer, the designer crashes and closes.

Problem 3: Running the code from 1 gives me an error:
QVTKOpenGLWidget requires a `vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow`. `
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow ` is not supported.

I understand QVTKWidget is deprecated, but it also seems the OpenGL widget
is too unstable at the moment ?