[vtkusers] How to use SetGeometryShaderCode

Kumar Ashutosh kumar.ashutosh.ee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:11:10 EDT 2018

 I want to add custom Geometry Shader to my mapper. From the source code, I
concluded that in vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper we can inject custom Shader Code.
Also, the code has WideLineGS as the default Geometry Shader. I tried to
mimic the same behaviour by injecting the same code as given here
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/Rendering/OpenGL2/glsl/vtkPolyDataWideLineGS.glsl>
(source
code of WideLinesGS)  using the function SetGeometryShaderCode. The
resulting screen is a blank screen with no errors raised.

Can someone please guide me on how to inject Geometry Shader Code. This is
specific to Geometry Shader only as I have successfully tried with Frag
Shader and Vertex Shader.
A simple example of this would be great.

Regards,
Kumar Ashutosh
ᐧ