[vtkusers] PCA statistics change

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 10:03:34 EST 2018

Yes, VTKExamples does image based tests. They show up here:
https://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlypassed&buildid=5241214
System name is mun.

I also submit a nightly under Remote Modules but I'm having some
OSMesa issues right now,,,

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 5:45 AM, David Thompson
<david.thompson at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently, Ben switched VTK to use Eigen's singular value decomposition. It
> reports some eigenvectors flipped. Notably, it seems to prefer a
> right-handed coordinate system as its output basis in 3D. This is great! ...
> but note that image tests that plot assessed values (i.e., the inputs
> projected into the new basis) may now return different results with the y
> axis assessed-value flipped.
>
> Does anyone know if the VTKExamples repo does image-based tests? If so, I
> expect that may be causing a failure. However, it is unclear from the test
> output[1] whether an OpenGL/machine configuration error is masking an image
> test failure.
>
>     Thanks,
>     David
>
> [1]: https://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=623072463&build=5241493

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Unpaid intern in BillsParadise at noware dot com