[vtkusers] vtk getting wrong OpenGL version number from mesa and macports

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Jan 30 09:33:33 EST 2018

[ Adding the list back to CC. Please keep the list in the loop. ]

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 03:17:25 +0000, Langer, Stephen A. (Fed) wrote:
> I'm not explicitly requesting any profile -- I'm just trying to use
> vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow, which is being created by
> vtkRenderWindow::New().

I asked since you said you were looking at the requests; I assume the
profile is in there around the same area.

> Is MESA_GL_OVERRIDE a run time variable, or do I set it when building
> mesa or vtk?  Setting it at run time doesn't do anything, unless I'm
> doing it wrong.. I tried

Sorry, I have this one history item floating around that I really need
to purge (done now). It's actually called `MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE`.

>    % MESA_GL_OVERRIDE=3.2 [my program]
> and it gave the same warnings as before.

This is the right way of using it, just the wrong name :) .

--Ben