[vtkusers] Iterate over disjoint surfaces of an unstructured grid

Robert Sawko robertsawko at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 12:10:43 EST 2018

@Bill thanks for the welcome message! I downloaded the book.

As for my minimal example I missed the

        featureEdges->FeatureEdgesOff();
	featureEdges->BoundaryEdgesOn();
	featureEdges->NonManifoldEdgesOn();

and the

        connectivity->DeleteSpecifiedRegion(i);

I think I solved my original problem i.e. iterating over connected regions,
but I am a bit stuck on the closed surface detection. I understand that
vtkFeatureEdge filter is meant to extract edges which satisfy certain
criteria particularly being a boundary edge, but I am just puzzled as my
data set doesn't appaer to contain edges. I am currently playing with PV
with the same filter and the edges indeed disappear if I select compatible
options in the GUI.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.