[vtkusers] Polyline in vtkCell

刘 超 liuchao.uk at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 05:24:11 EST 2018

Hello VTK users,

I am looking for a way of determining whether the polyline in a vtkCell is a straight line or curved polyline. The reason is that the cutter output needs to be written in custom format and if the polyline is a straight line, I can simply use the first point and last point to represent this polyline as a "line" to reduce the output file size.

The data I deal with is read from STL (open surface). Language is Python.

I have tried analysing the slope of each segment of the polyline. It works but speed is an issue.

Any suggestions are welcomed! Many thanks.

Cheers,
Chao