[vtkusers] Number of Points in Marching Cubes

trullro1 rogertrullo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 04:18:05 EST 2018

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the marching cubes algorithm in VTK.
I am actually working in a machine learning area, so I am not very familiar
with graphics, I hope this question makes sense.
So I have some 3D binary images, which I convert to a mesh using the
marching cubes algorithm.
The thing is that I have several of these meshes that I want to align, so
that I can use a machine learning algorithm on this data. The problem is
that the algorithms I have seen for alignment, need that all the shapes have
the same number of points (Please correct me if I am wrong).
So my question is, is there a way to have the marching cubes algorithm to
produce a fixed number of points so that I can use the alignment algorithms?
Or do you know about a better way to do it?
Thanks!!