[vtkusers] Problems Installing VTK-Python on OSX

matheus_viana vianamp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 12:36:04 EST 2018

Hi Ranveer.

Did you fix this problem? I was also able to get "import vtk" working on
vtkpython, but not on python.

And all my imports are fine:

>>> import vtk
>>> print(vtk.__file__)
/Users/mviana/build/VTK-7.0.0/Wrapping/Python/vtk/__init__.py
>>> import vtkCommonCorePython
>>> print(vtkCommonCorePython.__file__)
/Users/mviana/build/VTK-7.0.0/lib/vtkCommonCorePython.so

One thing I observed was that if I run /usr/bin/vtkpython, then I get this
error:

mviana at Matheuss-MacBook-Pro:/$ vtkpython
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libpython3.6m.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/vtkpython
  Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

However, if I run vtkpython from build directory, everything works fine.

Any help is welcomed :)