[vtkusers] Represent 2 different scalars at once?

Nicolas Cedilnik nicolas.cedilnik at inria.fr
Thu Jan 18 09:45:52 EST 2018

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to visualize 2 different scalars on a unique
rendering of a mesh. My idea would be to represent one scalars with a
standard LUT such as JET (despite its being considered harmful), and to
use the other scalars as a way to "modulate" this LUT. The second scalar
could be used as a brightness/luminance/(any suggestion?) parameter over
this LUT.

Does this make any sense? Is this easily achievable with VTK?

Thanks for your help,

-- Nicolas