[vtkusers] Don't build vtkproj4?

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Fri Jan 12 10:35:15 EST 2018

Chris,

1. Going back to the beginning of the thread, I don't understand why
vtklibproj conflicts with another proj, given that we mangle all names. Can
you send us the errors.

2. If you do want to build with the system proj4

Can you send up the output of:
cat CMakeCache.txt | grep LIBPROJ

This is what I have:
LIBPROJ4_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/include
LIBPROJ4_LIBRARIES:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproj.so.12
LIBPROJ_BINDIR:PATH=bin
LIBPROJ_DATADIR:PATH=share/proj
LIBPROJ_DOCDIR:PATH=doc/proj
LIBPROJ_INCLUDEDIR:PATH=include
LIBPROJ_LIBDIR:PATH=lib
LIBPROJ_M_LIB:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so
LIBPROJ_USE_THREAD:BOOL=ON
//Use system-installed LIBPROJ4
VTK_USE_SYSTEM_LIBPROJ4:BOOL=ON
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ4_INCLUDE_DIR
LIBPROJ4_INCLUDE_DIR-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ4_LIBRARIES
LIBPROJ4_LIBRARIES-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//MODIFIED property for variable: LIBPROJ4_LIBRARIES
LIBPROJ4_LIBRARIES-MODIFIED:INTERNAL=ON
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ_BINDIR
LIBPROJ_BINDIR-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ_DATADIR
LIBPROJ_DATADIR-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ_DOCDIR
LIBPROJ_DOCDIR-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ_INCLUDEDIR
LIBPROJ_INCLUDEDIR-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ_LIBDIR
LIBPROJ_LIBDIR-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ_M_LIB
LIBPROJ_M_LIB-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//ADVANCED property for variable: LIBPROJ_USE_THREAD
LIBPROJ_USE_THREAD-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//ADVANCED property for variable: VTK_USE_SYSTEM_LIBPROJ4
VTK_USE_SYSTEM_LIBPROJ4-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
//MODIFIED property for variable: VTK_USE_SYSTEM_LIBPROJ4
VTK_USE_SYSTEM_LIBPROJ4-MODIFIED:INTERNAL=ON

Make sure
LIBPROJ4_INCLUDE_DIR
LIBPROJ4_LIBRARIES
VTK_USE_SYSTEM_LIBPROJ4
have the correct values.

All those are cmake variables, you change them using ccmake or cmake-gui.
After that you call:

cmake .
make