[vtkusers] Depth peeling and Qt

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Fri Jan 12 09:54:41 EST 2018

Hi Ignacio,

IIRC, VTK 6.2 was before VTK had real support for Qt5 and there were still
some major issues with VTK + Qt5 (as you have noticed).  You will either
have to backport changes or update to a newer VTK.  I think VTK 8.1 may be
the first release since QVTKOpenGLWidget (full Qt5 support) was added,
although it may have been in 8.0.  You could try backporting
QVTKOpenGLWidget, but I'm not sure how difficult that will be (it requires
Qt 5.5 or 5.6 minimum I think).  Also, QVTKOpenGLWidget only works with the
newer "OpenGL2" rendering backend which was still experimental in VTK 6.2.
So you may have trouble with that too.  Your easiest approach would
probably be to use a newer VTK.

HTH,
Shawn