[vtkusers] CGNS reader

Daryl L. Bonhaus dlb at ConceptsNrec.com
Wed Feb 28 16:33:01 EST 2018

We have a Windows MFC application that uses VTK for visualization, and we now have a need to get CGNS data into our pipeline. It looks like our options are:

  1.  Write the code ourselves (and reinvent the wheel),
  2.  Copy and adapt the source code for ParaView's vtkCGNSReader to our application,
  3.  Convince someone to move the reader from ParaView into VTK.
  4.  Put the reader in VTK ourselves and issue a pull request.
I'm looking for opinions or suggestions about the relative merits of each approach, especially from anyone on the list who has similar experience.

Thanks,
Daryl Bonhaus
Director, CFD Software Development
Concepts NREC
Please consider the environment before printing this email. The information contained in this communication and any attachment(s) and/or link(s) hereto may contain proprietary and/or confidential information, which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure, and is intended only for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender. This email may contain technical data which is controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR Title 22 U.S.C. Sec 2751 et seq.). Any such data may not be exported to a Foreign National or Foreign Company (any non-US person or organization as defined by 8 U. S. C. 1101(a)(20)). The transfer or disclosure of ITAR governed information without a required export license approved by the United States Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls is prohibited under US Federal law.