[vtkusers] vtkResliceImageViewer::SetInputData() slow when executed after vtkDICOMImageReader::Update()

ochampao ochampao at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 03:57:21 EST 2018

Not sure if this is helpful but I've realised the following:

If I replace SetInputData() with SetInputConnection() and then try enabling
the Update() call at the 3 positions indicated in my previous post the
function performs overall faster in all 3 positions. At positions (1) and
(2), it takes less than 1 second. At position (3) it takes ~2 seconds to
complete exectution of SetInputConnection(). I guess this is the expected
behaviour (?) although using SetInputConnection() is not recommended (we get
a warning from VTK).

P.