[vtkusers] ITK Noise removal filter on VTK file

Majid M. Sadeghi majid.msadeghi at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 07:58:05 EST 2018

Thakn you so much for the great help.

    On Monday, February 12, 2018 2:02 PM, Jon Haitz Legarreta <jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org> wrote:

 Dear Majid,if you are processing a 2D/3D (medical image) volumetric dataset, I'd say that it'd be easier to just use ITK as a starting point. If you then need visualization capabilities, then you'd need to use VTK as well.
For resampling, and reslicing purposes, you may want to have a look athttps://itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ResampleImageFilter.html

and the exampleshttps://itk.org/ITKExamples/src/Filtering/ImageGrid/ResampleAnImage/Documentation.html

For using VTK with medical datasets:https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/#medical

For edge preserving noise removal, you can have a look athttps://itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter.html

Edge preserving noise removal is described in Section 2.7.3. of the ITK Software Guide:https://itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

For storing your image, ITK tends to use metaimage format:https://itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MetaImageIO.html

VTK can also write/read it.
HTH,JON HAITZ

PS: ITK has transitioned to discourse.itk.org as a discussion forum. So if your question is only about ITK, it would be advisable to post it there.