[vtkusers] How to extract a specific DICOM Tag using vtkDICOMReader

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:10:56 EST 2018

Yes, you can try something like this:

positionPath = vtkDICOMPython.vtkDICOMTagPath(
  vtkDICOMPython.DC.DetectorInformationSequence,
  0, # this is the index
  vtkDICOMPython.DC.ImagePositionPatient)

positionValue = metadata.GetAttributeValue(positionPath)
# check positionValue.GetNumberOfValues()
# use positionValue.GetDouble(i) to get values 0, 1, and 2