[vtkusers] Different behavior of vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridWriter in VTK 7.1

Andrew Parker andy.john.parker at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 5 12:08:30 EST 2018

Andy,

Just moved from vtk 6.3.0 to vtk 7.1.1.  Cannot for the life of me get your
modifications to work from your vtk_test.C.  I've included the
vtkmpiController stuff after I init mpi myself.  I found the migration
problem mentioned here:

https://github.com/libMesh/libmesh/issues/1179

and here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/16924

as well as this post.  My parallel unstructured grid now only contains one
source within the piece section of the pvtu, as opposed to n-processor
sources (all processors have real data to write and this is not a case of
empty meshes on these processors).  I can re-link and recompile against 6.3
and the problem goes away and I get the correct number of sources written
to the pvtu file as before.  Can you help?  I make extensive use of pvtu
files from my mpi-based code and now all grid files (pvtu and pvtp) have
stopped working just by moving to 7.1.1 (which has been built with
mpi-enabled).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy