[vtkusers] vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry question

Beatrix Schober beatrix.schober at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 04:14:48 EST 2018

Hi!

I want to get a subset of vtkPolyData with vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry:

VTK_CREATE(vtkBox, box);box->SetBounds(values);
 VTK_CREATE(vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry,
extract);extract->SetInputConnection(appendFilter->GetOutputPort());extract->SetImplicitFunction(box);extract->ExtractBoundaryCellsOn();extract->PassPointsOn();extract->Update();

vtkPolyData* tmp = extract->GetOutput();

The "new" vtkPolyData still has the same number of points as the original
vtkPolyData, which confuses me, because the correct subset is displayed.

I guess I understand the filter wrong? How can I get a subset as new
vtkPolyData?

Thank you very much!