[vtkusers] Using Vtk-8.1 in tcl/tk

Zoltan Takacs zozonmr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 17:10:31 EST 2018

Hi,

I have finally compiled VTK-8.1 on MacOS High Sierra and I could run couple of the Qt and c++ examples successfully. However I would like to use it tcl scripts as well. As far as I understood the *TCL shared libraries are not built any more from version 8.1. Is it still possible to use VTK in tcl programs? I have added the build/Wrapping/Tcl library to the auto_path and when I run one of the tcl examples I get an error message about the missing *TCL shared library. Here is the full error message:

dlopen(/Users/me/data/VTK-8.1.2/build/lib/libvtkCommonCoreTCL-8.1.dylib, 6): image not found
attempt to provide package vtkCommonCoreTCL 8.1 failed: no version of package vtkCommonCoreTCL provided
attempt to provide package vtkcommoncore 8.1 failed: no version of package vtkcommoncore provided
attempt to provide package vtk 8.1 failed: no version of package vtk provided
    ("package ifneeded vtk 8.1" script)
    invoked from within
"package require vtk"
    (file "./AffineWidget.tcl" line 4)

The error message is fair enough since there is no libvtkCommonCoreTCL-8.1.dylib ccmake didn’t allow me to create them.

Thanks,