[vtkusers] Real-time polydata filtering

Nil Goyette nil.goyette at imeka.ca
Thu Aug 30 09:10:49 EDT 2018

Hi Francois,

I haven't tested the standard vtk tools because:
- I already have a working and fast filtering class. I got the indices,
now I want to see the change on the screen!
- I'm working with big files (500k to 2 millions lines, sometimes more)
so I strongly doubt that real-time is possible if I keep creating data.
The output can easily reach thousands lines or more. I don't see how
this could be done 20+ times per second.

That's why the first thing I try is playing with the mapper. I'm not
creating anything, I'm simply hiding things.

Thanks for the links, I'll try what you suggest when I run out of ideas.

Nil Goyette