[vtkusers] the New QVTKOpenGLWidget

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jcfr at kitware.com
Mon Aug 27 18:12:11 EDT 2018

Hi All,

To follow up on Mathieu email, we are in in the process of integrating this
merge request [1] (and the equivalent in paraview [2]) that will add/rename
the following classes:

* QVTKOpenGLAlienWidget  (equivalent to QVTKOpenGLWidget class described in
the previous email)

* QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget (equivalent to QVTKOpenGLSimpleWidget class
described in the previous email)

* QVTKOpenGLWidget will:
   - behave as it was before the introduction of the "new QVTKOpenGLWidget"
and will instead derive from QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget.
   - only be available if VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE is OFF
   - will most likely be removed in VTK 10

We anticipate that this clearer naming convention will facilitate update of
user code.

Let us know what you think,

Thanks
Jc