[vtkusers] vtkGeometryFilter for quadratic tetra grids

Nguyen, Giang Hoang ghnguyen at wpi.edu
Fri Aug 17 15:17:39 EDT 2018

Hi,

I would like to confirm here if vtkGeometryFilter doesn't work for unstructured grids that are quadratic tetra (10 nodes per cell). I was using it to convert an unstructured grid to polydata, using vtkpython in conda environment. The exact code works fine for unstructured grids with triangle cells. I looked at the cxx source for vtkGeometryFilter at https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/Filters/Geometry/vtkGeometryFilter.cxx and it seems like the quadratic cells are not supported? In that case, what other approaches should I look into? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Giang