[vtkusers] What is the most current pattern/reference for using VTK for finite element post-processing?

T.J. Corona tj.corona at kitware.com
Thu Aug 9 10:26:40 EDT 2018

Hi Doug,

For some time now VTK has had partial support for higher-order cells of
fixed order (mostly quadratic), and more recently we have added generic
support for cells up to sixth order using the Lagrange basis (see the
vtkLagrange(Curve/Triangle/Quadrilateral/Tetra/Hexahedron/Wedge) classes).
We are in the process of preparing an article describing these cells, and
I’d be happy to let you know when the article is publicly available. In the
meantime, I can answer any questions you have about how to use these new vtk
cell types.

Sincerely,
T.J.