[vtkusers] Creating a GUI based project for VTK and ITK

Aron Helser aron.helser at kitware.com
Mon Apr 30 09:42:04 EDT 2018

Hi Ashef,
VTK and ITK do not provide any prescribed way to do a GUI - there are
hundreds of choices you could use, and they would all work. For instance,
ParaView is built on VTK, and uses QT for it's GUI. You could also build a
gui in Python, perhaps using wxWidgets python bindings.
Since you are working with DICOM, instead you may want to look at 3D Slicer
(https://www.slicer.org/) which is an open-source medical visualization app
that uses VTK and ITK. You may be able to write a plugin for it which does
what you want, and take advantage of all it's other features.

The best choice may be something that you are familiar with, or something
that you can get help with!
Good luck,
Aron