[vtkusers] vtkGlyph3D

Sam Raby rabysam28 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:21:55 EDT 2018

Hello,

I have an easy question, I think.

I have hundreds of points in the 3D space. I need to visualize each of
these points by a small 2D square, which I implemented. Therefore I have
now hundreds of these small squares in the 3D space. However the issue is
as follows:

When I rotate the scene, while all the squares are naturally moving in
respect to the camera, I want all of the squares keep their orientation
towards the camera and still be constantly facing the camera. I know if I
use vtkFollower I could do this, but not sure how to do it for these MANY
squares in the scene. My pipeline is as follows => All my points are stored
in one single vtkPolydata and I have assigned a vtkSourcePlane to each of
these points using vtkGlyph3D.

Thanks for any feedback.

-Sam