[vtkusers] Homebrew and VTK: missing cmake options for QVTKWidget

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Thu Apr 19 20:10:11 EDT 2018

I am working on a piece of software I want to distribute using Homebrew. My
program features a GUI built around a QVTKWidget.

After a lot of trial and error, I think that the cmake flags I need to set
up the VTK install to work with the QVTK Widgtet are
*
 -G "Unix Makefiles" -DVTK_USE_QVTK:BOOL=ON -DVTK_USE_GUISUPPORT:BOOL=ON
-DVTK_Group_Qt:BOOL=ON -DModule_vtkIOExportOpenGL2:BOOL=ON
-DVTK_USE_CXX11_FEATURES:BOOL=ON -DVTK_RENDERING_BACKEND:STRING=OpenGL2
*
However, the VTK formula currently on tap does not allow these options to be
set. Editing the formula with brew edit is not really an option since each
end user would have to fix it too.

Is there another way to tell VTK to be built with these flags? If not, is is
possible to add a -with-qvtk option to the formula?