[vtkusers] Activiz 7.1.1

Mark DeArman mark at cascadeacoustic.com
Wed Apr 18 20:56:12 EDT 2018

Unfortunately, I have not produced a 64-bit build this time, and most
likely will not get to it in a reasonable amount of time.  Perhaps contact
one of the github members from the issue list, as I know a few of them
successfully built it.

 I did produce a 64-bit build of v6.2 before, and had no issues doing so,
except for the step where Activiz packages the runtime redist dependencies.
 You'll have to fix the CMakeLists.txt file.  And also inspect your system
CMake modules if using CMake v3.8 or newer.

 I finished a new build of 32bit VTK-7.1.1 with the latest version of HDF5
in the past couple days. And also rebuilt Activiz against the new VTK.  In
doing I updated CMake to the v3.10 and there are now a number of errors in
the CMake Modules for Intel C++ x86 vs x64.  So I would keep an eye on
those areas.  There maybe other issues lurking about with Release vs Debug
and x86 vs x64.

 And for other users, who had wondered about building the Documentation.  I
tested the doxygen generation all the way through to Activiz, and it
appears to work fine.  Requires Perl, graphviz dot, MiTex and HTML Help
Workshop.  There's an issue with the latest MiTex ghost script, where
you'll need to link mgs.exe to gswin32c.exe since Doxygen does not appear
to have a variable to control the Ghostscript binary.  Live and learn,
that cost we a lot of wasted time to figure out.

   Mark DeArman
 Cascade Acoustic Research
 http://www.cascadeacoustic.com
 (253) 200-5353