[vtkusers] nightly build (8.1.0?) where did vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D go

gohlinchia gohlinchia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:00:52 EDT 2018

Hi Aashish,

I'm not sure what specific reason(s) that Brian Davis would want the
vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D back; we want it back too.

For our case, it is because the new CPU/GPU ray cast volume mapper is not
working correctly when depth peeling is enabled (for multiple volumes) and
also when rendering the scene in stereo (left and right images are the
same). I think it is good to have a backup when the only volume mapper
doesn't work.

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Stereo-problem-for-ray-cast-volumes-td5746483.html

Thanks.

-----