[vtkusers] VTK 8.1.0 vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL, vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2,

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:44:01 EDT 2018

On Win 10 build I now get:

2>  CMake Error at Rendering/OpenGL/CMakeLists.txt:3 (message):
2>    vtkRenderingOpenGL cannot be built with vtkRenderingOpenGL2, please
disable
2>    one of them.

When building VTK this did work

-DModule_vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL=ON

I mean (worked) the rendering was still horrid slow, but it built and ran.

https://blog.kitware.com/volume-rendering-improvements-in-vtk/

states to use:

-DModule_vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGLNew=ON,

though that is circa 2014

https://gitlab.kitware.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&snippets=&scope=&search=vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL&project_id=13

might lead me to believe if I look at the android section:

  -DModule_vtkTestingCore:BOOL=ON
  -DModule_vtkTestingRendering:BOOL=ON
  -DModule_vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2:BOOL=ON

Though I am not compiling for android or iOS.

Is there a way to build the "New" (well post OpenGL fixed pipeline) version
in version 8.0.1?