[vtkusers] Build Error concerning VTK's OpenVR Module

Jamil Goettlich jamil.goettlich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 11:44:57 EDT 2018

Hello VTK Users,

I am having trouble compiling VTK's OpenVR Module. I am using Visual Studio
15 2017 Win64 compiler on a Windows 10 machine.
I linked include files and the library from the openVR Module:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/openvr
I also downloaded SDL2, but it was not asked within the configuring process.
The error I get in Visual Studio is the following:
Error C2039 'IsInputFocusCapturedByAnotherProcess': is not a member of
'vr::IVRSystem' Project: vtkRenderingOpenVR
C:\Tools\VTK-8.1.0\Rendering\OpenVR\vtkOpenVRRenderWindow.cxx line 281

What am I doing wrong in the build process? Did I forget to link anything?

Thanks a lot,
Jamil